Below is a guide to help you through the process....
1. Contact the register office for the district in which you live; you will both be required to visit in person.
2. Arrange your civil ceremony with the registry office nearest your venue (if different from your home district).
3. At present you must both give your notices at least 16 days prior to your ceremony date and know where and when you are holding your ceremony. As from 2nd March 2015 this will change to 28 days.
4. You will both need proof of identity (passport or birth certificate) and proof of residency (utility bill or bank statement).
5. You may then collect your required authorisation documents.
There are over 90 venues licenced for marriages and civil partnerships in Surrey; from heritage properties and grand country houses to intimate inns......happy choosing!
If you require any further information please don't hesitate to contact
Surrey ~ www.surreycc.gov.uk/registrationservices or Hampshire ~ www3.hants.gov.uk/registration/marriage